Diploma in Accountancy / Financial Management

Accountants Tools of Trade

About Course

This course will equip students with knowledge and practical skills in bookkeeping, financial accounting, income tax, financial management, reporting standards and cost accounting. Students will have ability to demonstrate the necessary technical and professional skills, values, ethics, and attitudes at sufficient levels of proficiency to fulfill the role of a professional accountant in a manner that meets the needs and expectations of employers, clients, peers, and the public. After completion of this course, students can pursue undergraduate education and will also have opportunity to sit for professional examinations such as ACCA and CPA.

The entire program is covered in 50 units of study. Theory sessions constitute 40% while practical sessions account 60% of the program respectively. The program is examined through continuous assessment which accounts for 30 percent of the total mark and a final examination accounting for the remaining 70 percent.

(Apply Now!)

Qualification Required

  • KCSE - A minimum of C - overall grade Plus pass in a language subject and Mathematics
  • Advanced Certificate in Business Management (KNEC)
  • Accounts Technician Certificate (ATC II) examined by KASNEB.
  • Certificate in PSCM or KCE Div.III
(Apply Now!)

Certification Body

Kenya National Examination Council – Business and Technical (KNEC/BTEP)(Apply Now!)

Certificate Awarded

Diploma Certificate in Accountancy(Apply Now!)

Expertise Gained

By the end of the course, a learner is able to:

  • Analyze financial health of a business
  • Plan business resources efficiently and hence prevent cash crunches or even insolvency
  • Understand the various financial statements used in business
  • Evaluate accounting statements
  • Process Tax Returns
  • Use spreadsheets and other accounting software 
(Apply Now!)

Possible Careers you can pursue

  1. Bookkeeper
  2. Accountant
  3. Finance manager
  4. Auditor
  5. Credit control Officer
  6. Payroll Officer
  7. Tax Specialist
  8. Debt Collector
(Apply Now!)

Financing Options Available

The following are various financing options available for the program.

  • Self-Sponsorship
  • Government Funded Sponsorship program
  • State financed loans from the Higher Educations Loan board
  • Local authority bursary programs (usually in conjunction with a development partner)
(Apply Now!)

Average Duration of the Course

2 Years (4 Semesters)

Course Units

50 Units

Average Course Fee

Averagely KES 60,000/= entire course

Course Application Process

Are you seeking to pursue a Diploma in Accountancy / Financial Management course in Kenya?

Let us simplify the application process for you. Simply click the apply now button below, fill the form and we shall take care of the rest.

Back to Top